Weight loss, severe back & neck pain. Diagnosed with osteoporosis after getting Medicare. Until then the doctor was of no help at all

I took malox for 19 + years and 8-9 years also prilesec at the same time. In 2003 I went to the doctor for pain in ribs neck. It was like I couldn t stand up straight I was also losing weight. The pain was worrying me. I asked to be refered to a bone doctor. The said I didn t need the referral and that it was depression. I asked him what he could due for me. He said nothing. I asked if I could get a brace to help. He said no. I was on my own and didn t know if I could make it to retirement. I started exercising with low weight, I would take vitamin D, and I felt like a plant ( 60 degrees or warmer and off with my shirt and walk let my back take in the sun). That was the only thing that would help releive the pain. My weight was 172 lbs and gradually went down to 130 lbs. I felt like a time bomb (arching my back in the shower would set off a pinched nerve and give me a nasty headache that would last up to a few days, also while shaving and turning my neck would set off and attack. I told the doctor and he said it was fibromyalsa. Now I asked for a referral to a bone doctor and a nerve doctor, he wouldn t refer me. In 2010 my shoulder was so painful that I couldn t lift 5 lbs of oranges or turn a door knob without extreme pain ( I asked for a bone density scan, but was refused). An MRI later showed microfractures and cysts on the head of the humorous. After I turned 65 and on medicare I was finally able to get a bone scan. The results said I had osteoperosis (lost 2.5 inches in height and 5.4 loss in skeleton. Today and I was told that I will have chronic pain the rest of my life. My question is what role did the doctor directed antacid, prilosec, omeprazole have on my condition? Six doctors have told me there beliefs, and now I would like to hear your opinion (since many good people go on line for honest information. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013