Weight loss, low grade temp, vomiting, spasms. Bacterial,inflammation tests positive. Could this be linked to pancreatic cancer?

i think i have pancreatic cancer , weight loss , low grade temp, digestive dr has about taken every test. Did a bacterial test. positive, Did inflamation blood test . positive, i had gallbladder out 5 month ago. low grade temp, always. i go in for a mrcp mri on 1st. I have lost 10 lbs this week due to I can not keep anything down. vomiting is most often in evenings. I know that I have one of my duct that was at 45% a yr ago. I am starting to have spasms, like I want to crawl inside out. lately I have had problems with jaw, almost cannot open mouth at times, swallowing is hard some times. Am i on the right tract?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Your chief complaints are that of weight loss, low grade fever, difficult swallowing, and feeling of vomiting.
These symptoms suggest a malignant process.
The symptoms indicate a problem in the gastrointestinal tract however, they are not specific for pancreatic cancer.
A upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopy is required to look for status of the esophagus and stomach.
The MRCP is done to investigate the biliary tract and the pancreatic ducts.
This investigation can be combined with upper GI-endoscopy.

The management will be decided after the results of reports are obtained.

thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
It may be pancreatic or stomach cancer but this is the last thing to think of. You need extensive gastroenterologic work up to rule out gastritis, chronic pancreatitis and other inflammatory bowel disease. so endocscopic procedures should be done. Also vomiting can be caused by certain liver disease. till you do tests you should change your dietary habits and eat easier food.Wish you good health. Regards