Weight loss, fatigue, frequent urination, sweating. High blood sugar. Abdominal pain. Have hypertension. Diabetes?

My husband has unexplained weight loss , is fatigued, urinates frequently, has excessive sweating. His blood sugar is beyond normal but has not yet reached levels usually considered diabetic. Is he diabetic? He also suffers abdominal pain . What kind of doctor should we consult with? What other tests or doagnostics should he undergo? His quality of life is suffering so we are concerned. He is 43 years old, hypertensive, takes Norvasc 5mg and Simvastatin 20mg.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012