Weight gain, stomach full, pain below ribs, postmenopausal, hypothyroid, IHD patient, smoker

hi sir,my mother had been a smoker since 25 she has quit smoking but she is experiencing symptoms like:- weight gain she feels her stomach is full like a ballon having air in it and she is experiencing pain on the left side just below ribs.the pain is so intense that she cannot sleep on that side. let me inform you that her age is 50 years,postmenopausal, hypothyroid and IHD patient can you please suggest me what to do?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012