Weight gain and hair loss after mirena insertion. Mood swings, acne, body aches and random bleeding. Is mirena safe?

I have the Mirena IUD . Within a month of getting it I began to gain weight and lose hair.... I lost 2/3 of my total hair mass. Since then, I have had severe mood swings, acne , body aches, unexplained temperatures, random bleeding that ranges from light spotting to brown sticky discharge to blood running down my legs. I have taken a home pregnancy test which was negative, so this is not the problem. I can t help but feel like the mirena is causing these problems... I spoke with my OB/GYN and he feels the Mirena is safe, wonderful, and that NONE of these problems are related, but merely coincidental.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013