Weight gain after taking birth control pills. No periods after stopping the pills. Is it safe to be pregnant now?

Hi! I have a question..I stopped taking contraceptive pills March 2012 and since then I only had my period...My last period was last July and its been worrying me..I have been to my doctor several times but all that she told me is to wait for at least a year until all the extra estrogen is released from my body.. I have been using pills since after the birth of my child and that was more than 6 years ago..I ve stopped taking it for 5 months in 2007 and I also gained a lot of weight since I started taking those pills..Please can you help me?Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013