Weight gain after mirena, distended stomach, episode of dry patches on face, body pain, continuous cramping. Reason?

I had the mirena placed on Thursday of last week (6th) since then I have gained 6.5 pounds, I look like I am 9 months pregnant and grossly distended, then this morning I woke up and could hardly open my eyes due to hives on my eye lids, and I also have dry patches all over my face. My entire body hurts and I am horribly tired dispite sleeping most of the weekend. I had it placed not to prevent pregnancy but to stop periods as I am having an iron absorbtion problem which is making me extremely anemic. I am beginning to think that it is the Mirena causing these new issues as I don t know what else it would be. I also have not stoped having cramps since it was inserted.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012