Weight gain after having a stroke. Sweating in palms and feet. Chances of thyroid problem?

Hi, I am 29 years old. Last year I had a stroke and my right leg was fully paralysed. Now I have got 90% of the movement and 75% of the strenght back. I had started putting on weight from past two years and I am unable to reduce the same by exercise/diet, also I have started sweating in my palms and feet from past two years. Now I am having frequent sinus problem. I am thinking I need to get my Thyroid test done. Please let me know your suggestion?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012