Weight gain after balloon dilation procedure. History of kidney donation. Cause of weight gain?

My husband has achalasia he had balloon dilation approx 2 years ago since having this procedure he gained nearly 4 stone in weight we eat a fairly healthy diet and my husband exercises at least 4 times a week at the gym but still no weight is coming of his stomach his viseral is 10. Any thoughts as to how he can loose the fat around his stomach. he also donated a kidney 8 years ago would this have a bearing on his weight?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013