Wearing retainers, ulcers broke out in the mouth, sore throat, tonsilitis. Is this the reaction due to retainers?

I started wearing retainers a week ago, one clear plastic and one with wires. Everytime I used to go to the orthodontist uclears would break out in my mouth serveral days after. Now for a few days my throat has been sore and theres puss on my tonsils, which the doctor said I had tonsilitos. Could this be down to one of my retainers, or is this to servere to be a reaction from them. If it could be a reaction, what should I do now?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012