Wearing glasses. Does this pressure on nose cause breathing problem?

I found this site because someone else asked the following question: Can wearing glasses cause breathing-through- nose problem because of the glasses? I have the same problem. This is ridiculous. I am lucky because I wear contacts for most of the day, but when I take them out for a little while before bed, I am almost immediately stopped up! I hate this! I joke that I am allergic to wearing glasses. I assume that this reaction is due to pressure on my nose. Is there any way around this or a way to deal with this? Help!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to go behind rumours, and I know you are not that kind of a person. People do discuss things which has no scientific evidence and the above discussion is one among them.

For decades people use eye glasses and no study has pointed categorically that people get breathing problems due to wearing glasses. You are right, ridiculous.

Therefore, you are free to wear eye glasses. But I still think contact lenses enhances your appearance than external eye glasses. Depends on person to person. You can choose between them.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.