Weaning off Risperidone, gained weight. Okay to introduce natural remedies to cope with withdrawal symptoms?

I am due to start weaning off my daughter from Risperidone . She has been taking it for 18 months .75mg per day and whilst it appeared to reduce her self injury initially after 6 months the beneficial effects seem to decrease. She has gained a lot of weight and I am worried about other side effects. Would it be ok to introduce some natural remedies to help her cope with any withdrawal symptoms such as Stressless and Omega 3 & 6. Do ou think they might compensate once she is off Risperidone?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012