Weakness with cold sweats followed by sore throat, cough, cold sores, impetigo, bleeding gums. Had drink post heavy physical activity?

my partner was feeling run down and having cold sweats 3 nights ago, the next evening he had a family stag do to attend. this was playing football and then rather stupidly decided to have a drink (or 10!). the following day he was feeling awful but insists it is not a hangover, his body is aching and he has cold symtoms, sore throat and a cough , he has also come out in coldsores and impitigo and now his gums are bleeding. is he just run down and dehydrated or could these be symptoms of something else?
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012