Weakness, tingling and pain in both arms that's reducing, twitching fingers continues. Carpal tunnel ?

I visited an orthopedist to see if I potentially had carpal tunnel , due to weakness, tingling , and pain in both arms that was worst when using them, especially on the computer, that gradually worsened over 6 weeks. The pain began to get most severe in my right shoulder , both back and front, and eventually I began to have twitching fingers, primarily my right thumb (I m right handed) He informed me it is not carpal tunnel but suggested I follow up w/ a GP or neurologist , and my GP recommended an ER visit. As I have no insurance, and am currently unemployed, this is a last ditch option for me. Two days ago, the pain lessened tremendously and the weakness has been coming and going, but I feel noticeably stronger, however the twitching has not stopped and, while my weakness is lessened, using my arms leads me to feeling exhausted quickly. Do you think it is worthwhile to visit an ER, or do you think, due to the lessening of symptoms, I may be alright waiting another week to see what happens?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012