Weakness, reduced dexterity of hand, arm trembling and also in cervical musculature. Prescribed EMG. Advice?

I am fearful that I may have ALS and was getting even more fearful reading information online about it. I currently have L UE weakness that started primarily with reduced dexterity of my hand with typing. Now with resistance my arm will tremble slightly and I feel some weakness and trembling also in my cervical musculature and the L side of my face at times. There seems to be good and bad days on my symptoms and at times feels normal almost. With all the reading of muscle fasciculations I am also noticing alot of twitching in areas not affected by weakness ie lower extremities and even in my back at times. I have been told the only way to rule out ALS is an EMG. I was just wondering what other things this may be and how can I rule out ALS or at least feel more reassured that I could just be over reacting.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013