Weakness, pain in tricep, cannot stretch. Is it tear or tendonitis?

I do gymnastics and strength training for handstands and shoulder pressing, aswell as pull ups, tricep dips. However i am experiencing a niggling weakness pain in my left tricep...I believed it to be tendonitis that may have worked it s way up from my elbow ...It is uncomfortable but not painful...but when I now try to lift above my head...certainly in a wide grip my tricep [left arm] fails, and get a shooting pain. It is considerably weaker...and even can t stretch a band [lowest] from my waist to above my head in an arch. What is happening...tear or tendonitis, and how do I reabilitate it?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012