Weakness, numbness in right arm, tongue is getting shorter. Causes?

hello doc , i just want to ask about the condition of my father. few years ago his right hand become weak and numb then few years past his left hand got the same symptoms and rapidly affect his right leg then its left leg and his tongue get a little shorter. he feels very weak but his eating regularly with his vitamins .. my father age is 68 years old.. hope you can give me some insight about whats happening to my father.. thank you so much..
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013