Weakness in legs due to canal stenosis. Severe pain. Not responding to epidural injections. Cure?

hi my mum has canal stenosis and is unable to walk without walking sticks because she will fall her leg is very weak we have to manually lift it! and she is in a lot of pain. She literally drags her leg along because of the weakness. she had an epidural injection but tht didn't work. We are so scared. Will she be able to walk properly again? What can be done? What are the causes of this? She was once a very active woman and now she is disabled.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013