Weakness in knees, unable to stand, mcl ligament injury. High uric acid levels. Treatment?

Hello doctor, for the past 2 weeks I feel that my knees are very weak. I cannot stand for 10 minutes continuously. I have no pain, but when I stand or walk long time I feel that my weight is unbearable by my knee and feeling that my knee is about to crumble. I also have mcl ligament injury in one of the knee. But I feel both knees are weak. I approached a doctor he is treating me for gout . My uric acid level is 7.4 so he said first we eliminate gout possibly and then cure the ligament tear. Do you think we are in the right direction
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012