Weakness in fingers, pain in neck, excess salivation. Can cervical arthritis affect speech ?

my mom is 75 and being tested for cervial arthritis . She has no pain in her hands, but weakness in her fingers. Her pain is in the upper neck, into a left should on top and in the wing. no numbness. She fights at times to keep her head up and visually her posture is off. She also is producing alot of saliva , and it affects her speech. Can this type of arthritis affect speech, as well as mouth and tongue movements.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012