Weakness for some time on lower body parts, difficulty in standing since drawing fluid from back, depression. Suggestive treatment?

Good Day, Doctor i have a query and concern about my mother s problem. She often looses strength from the lower part of her body and she will not be able to stand. After some time she will regain the strenght. This was observed a year and a half before when there was some family problems. When we admitted her in the hospital the doctors with out informing us they took the fluid from the back and sent it for lab test where they found no problems. Since then she was very much squeezed and she is unable to have good sleep due to the pain in her lower back as she complains that she cannot sense the muscle but can feel the pain. Anxit 0.5 tab was provided and whe she consumes it she will not be able to speak properly she will stammer due to which we stopped it. We have some family problems due to which she continues to be depressed due to these problems. Kindly sugges as what needs to be done and planning to consult a Neuro . My Mother s age is 56 years and when she had her first delivery she fell down from the bed where she had the back bone problem. Due to which she had a delivery but as soon as the child was born it died after few minutes. Kindly help.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012