Weakness due to overdose of diuretics during angioplasty. Reason for blood drops in urine?

Hi. My father got his angioplasty done on the 5th of this month. He had 100% LAD blockage and MI. Post surgery her developed plueral fluid in lungs. Now doctors say that he is recovering. However, he was overdosed with diuretics. As a result he felt extremely weak and his KFT reports were abnormal including sodium and potassium . we have changed the cardiologist and have stopped giving him diuretics for 3 days. He is on Clopitab, Tonact. Today we gave him Potklor as his potassium is low and has not passed stool since his discharge on 16th. His anal region is at times soiled, apart from that he has not passed stool. His stomach is also distended. Today a strange thing happened. After urinating, I observed the last few drops had blood in it. Not sure the color is because of potklor or is it really blood. Although I will get the routine and culture done tomorrow just wanted to check if you can draw any conclusion on the reason for this, if this is blood. Is this because we stopped diuretics or the medication that is on or Potklor or something else (UTI etc). Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012