Weaker legs, arms. Blood test showed raised lactic acid. Vertebrae in lower back is tender. What is it?

Hi my legs and arms have been getting progressively weeker over past 9 days. I was admitted to hospital just over a week ago and had blood tests which showed a raised lactic acid and an X-ray which they showed no fracture in my back but one of the vertebrae in my lower back was tender to press on. I have had lower back pain since 2004 and dr's just say I have chronic pain as tests show nothing.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013