Weak hands with numbness in some fingers, uncontrolled jerking in some finger. Numbness in leg and neck also. Why ?

Hi I am a little panicked which is why I am writing here instead of sleeping (it is gone 1 am) I saw my GP about 5 weeks ago after going two or so months of loss of feeling, numbness in my thumb , and two fingers and half of one side of the next finger but smallest finger fine. He referred me to see a neurologist and have an appointment for 20th of this month. However in last week one finger is bent downwards, and my smallest finger is the same although that one is not numb, others are, but this finger and one next to it had some pretty violent uncontrolled jerking. My hand is weak, hard to grip. But what I am worried about is that two weeks ago I woke to having my right leg numb at the top side. This went back to normal the next day, but has come and gone. Today both top of leg on the side and bottom middle and side are numb as well as the right side of my neck . I wondered if these are connected to hand, which I assumed was trapped nerve or c tunnel syndrome or something? Is it ok to leave it and just wait for set appointment or should I be worried and go back to my doctor
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012