Weak eyesight, yellow spot next to pupil, red veins. Possible causes and remedies?

Hi, I m a 20-year old female, caucasian student. I am in relatively good health- I eat a good diet , don t drink or smoke , and exercise every day. My BMI is 21.9, my female relations usually live till at least their late 80s. However ever since I was little I ve had trouble with my eyesight- in pictures I can be seen squinting, and at the age of 4 when I was having trouble reading my mother took me to be tested. I ve worn glasses from age 4-19. At the start of last year I began wearing contact lenses . When I was around 9 years old I noticed a yellow spot on the white of my eye next to my pupil, about 8mm by 6mm. In the last few years I ve also noticed red veins appearing which are permanent, although dirty contact lenses, allergies and fatique do make them worse. Lately as I ve become more body conscious and want to look and feel as healthy as possible, my eyes have become a concern. What could be causing the discolourization and veins, and what can I do about it?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013