Watery discharge, cramps after sex. Got periods. Have 24 day cycle. Possibility of ovulating on day 12?

Hi Doctor. Im 25 years old and trying for a baby. My cycle is 24 days. Using the ovulation calender i concluded i ovulate on 12. I took an ovulation test early day 12 but it ws negative. We had sex later during the day as i concluded i had done the test too early. The next 3 days i had a lot of watery discharge and cramps on one side lower abdomen . I could laugh and feel the pain. I hoped i was pregnant but it turned out i wasnt since i got my period again. My question is, since my cycle is 24 days is there any possibility that i dont really ovulate on day 12
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013