Watery blisters around eye, itching, tingling sensation. Diagnosed herpes. How to stop it from spreading?

My mother developed watery blisters around right eye, right fore-head & right scalp with itching & tingling sensation over two days. We met Doctor & he diagnosed it as Herpes . She is 52 year aged lady. Doctor prescribed Anti-allergant tablets & Lotion to apply. I am concerned about to stop it spreading to more parts of body..Also, this happened around sensitive areas-EYES & BRAIN,,, should we consider any more thing from medical persepective...I will waiting for response.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013