Water to drink after kidney transplant

Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response

After the kidney transplant one should always have a sterlized/boiled water .Even the mineral water need to be sterilized before consuming.However you total intake in a days depends on your current condition.To be safer side can take 4-5 glasses of sterilized water later can gradually increase based on the condition

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.There is absolutely no need for less or more water after the kidney must take a normal intake of water according to the temperature of your place you are living.Take more water if living in hot conditions and less if residing in cold areas.Best would be to talk to the nephrosurgeon who dealt the surgery.Thanks and good luck.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
After kidney transplant one must take 10-12 glasses of water per day .as water dilute the harmful substances in the urine ,so causing less harm to transplanted kidney and prolongs its life..
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”