Water retention in legs. Rapid water weightloss after childbirth. Having terrible joint pain. What could it be?

Hello Doctor, I exercise, eat right and take good care of myself. I have no history of any mental illness . I was put on this medication about a year ago for water retention in my legs. My BP has never been a problem but I was retaining so much fluid that I had a terrible rash from my knees downward that we were unable to clear with any topical meds or prednisone . We did all sorts of bloodwork and the med was a kind of shot in the dark. My, Dr. thought it might help. I lost almost 40lbs, the rash lessened and I can only attribute it to fluid buildup over time. I did have extreme water weight gain with both of my children and then rapid water weight loss after birth. I really don t know where to begin with this. After a couple of days off of the medication I began having terriblel joint pain. Have you ever heard of any thing like this?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013