Water blisters on ankle, draining, taken antibiotic ointment and bandaid, previously BP med and diuretic, rod in femur

My 89-year-old mother is visiting with me and for the last 3-4 days has been developing water blisters on the outside of her left ankle. This is above her shoe line. I have been using antibiotic ointment and covering with a bandaid because the first day she was breaking them open. These blisters do seem to break on drain on their own, however. I saw this happen while we were watching television. She is on a BP med and diuretic I believe. She had a rod placed in her femur several years ago but otherwise is pretty healthy. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012