Wasp sting, swelling. Taken steroid shot, cephalexin, symptoms relieved. Should I take methyl prednisolone?

I was stuung by a wasp on my forearm Wed. night & went to the doctor yesterday because of redness & swelling that had spread since Thurs. I was given a steriod shot & began taking CEPHALEXIN 3 times a day for the next 5 days. I m supposed to begin MethylPRESDNISolone Tablets (4mg) today. This morning the swelling & redness has gone way down. Is it completely necessary to still start on this MethylPRESDNISolone? I know to continue taking the antibiotics until they re gone. I m just not big on taking any kind of medication unless absolutely necessary. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012