Washing hands after urination. Does it carry any bacteria or infection?

hi, my husband and I are arguing about a hygiene question (and putting our relationship on the line). he really thinks i need to see an infectious disease specialist and i just think he is wrong (and insane :)) besides the fact that I have a 4 month year old baby at home, my husband and i fight about hygiene all the time. Yesterday, he proceeded to use the bathroom in our home. He first washed his hands thoroughly, then realized he had to urinate, proceeded to urinate and then washed his hands for-no joke-3 seconds with, I believe, just water. Am i just OCD or do i need to see a doctor? My real question is whether or not (besides being good hygiene in my eyes) does the fact that someone who pre washes and then proceeds to not really thoroughly wash after urination have any harm or potential for bacteria/infections or anything? he claims he didnt touch anything and he urinates sitting down so he was not holdiong onto his penis when he urinated. Im still concerned. although my bathroom is clean, its still a bathroom. please advise. thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Hygiene practices are always good and we are supposed to practice it properly. But here the question not what you are asking. You are not having OCD also. This type of thinking is quite normal. But once we get an answer to the question, then we should get satisfied. If not ask an expert and confirm. Once confirmed, such question should not arise.
Second, are you aware, in how many circumstances, in everyday life, we forgo hygienic practices? Try to go through every daily activities and ask the question to you. you will get the answer for your questio0n.
Good luck.