Was this my period ?

well lets see i went to go pee and when i did i felt like i wasnt just peeing out pee so when i wiped the whole toilet paper was covered in blood and i had to wipe about 15 times to get all the blood off me and then i went pee about 10min later because the first time i went i didnt really have to go but to my surprise when i wiped more blood came out and im about to faint cause its not everyday that a 13yr old sees blood comin out of ur vagina so please help me. was this my period and whats the cycle? and your supposed to bleed for 5 days in a row and what if i dont pleez i talked to my mom about it iv takin the skool thing but mow that im actually bleedin i wished i listened to them more crefully just help im sorry if you cant understand the message but im about to faint cause that was just nasty it didnt come from my pee hole gosh if it did i would be at the doc. by now
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Yes it is, no girl can ever be fully prepared for their period or know what to expect. When you first start to have periods, they may not be very regular. After your first period, the next one might be 2 months later and it might last 1 day or 10. Your body will take a while to settle down into a regular cycle- this might take 2-3 years. Relax, this is normal. It happens to most women each month and usually lasts somewhere between 3 and 7 days. The average cycle is is 28 days, but anywhere between 21 and 35 days is normal. Periods are nothing to be worried about- they are a natural part of every woman's life. It may still come as a suprise when you get your first period- this happens to a lot of girls, so don't worry. You may also feel clumsy and bloated during your period, because your body stores more water, and you're growing and changing so fast. If you happen to get cramps, take a bath, exercise, or use a Thermacare Menstrual HeatPatch. Pads should be changed every 4-6 hours and tampons are to be changed every 4-8 hours (if you are brave enough to use them yet, that is)