Was taking ortho-micronor. Having menses every 2 weeks, increased acne, PMS worse. Had cramps but no bleeding, delayed menses. What could be the reason?

Hi, I was on ortho-micronor for the past year and it caused me to bleed every two weeks or so, plus increased my acne and made my pms worse, so I went off of it during my last period which began on May 4. I am getting married in August so I didn t want to have to deal with those side effects before/at the wedding. My period that started on May 4 was actually 2 weeks late, I had travelled to St Kitts to visit my fiance who is in school down there and I don t know if it was the stress of travel or the stress of wedding planning, etc. that made it late, but it came when I got back from the trip. Anyway I was due on June 2nd-ish for my period again, and while I have had cramps over the past week, have had no sign of bleeding yet. It s now day 32. I took a pregnancy test this weekend and it was negative. My question is, is it normal to have a delayed period like this after going off micronor? Or is it possibly just stress? And could the cramps I ve been having (which are worse than my usual period cramps, and also longer without a period yet) be related to going off the micronor?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012