Was taking 5mg, 2.5mg medicine for BP. BP under control. Prescribed one tablet 40mg. Justified?

i was taking a low dosage say 5mg and 2.5mg two medicine for my BP today i went for check up and said that my BP is in control and told me that he will change my BP medicine and give a simple medicine and he give me a 40mg tablet medicine , how far is that jstified? shell i continue with my old BP medicine or start my new BP 40 mg medicine what doctor has prescribed today. please he let understand in detail, i am from india.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013