Was seeing psychiatrist for OCD, taken information about me without permission, discontinued. Ethical?

While I was seeing a psychiatrist for OCD, he took phone calls from three of my family members without my knowledge or permission and then told me about their "complaints" about me at my next session. I was 47 years old and seeking treatment privately with my own money. I was horrified and humiliated. My question is, is this ethical and/or legal. I stopped treatment and will never try again. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013