Was prescribed codeine, naproxen and omeprozole. Had stomach cramps and diarrhea. Stop naproxen?

I was prescribed codeine , naproxen and omeprozole by my Gp . I started taking these on Thursday . On Sunday I started getting stomach cramps and direahea, the last 2 containing bloody mucus . Went to Gp yesterday he said it was gasto but said it was something I had eaten and not the tablets that had caused it and put me on diaralyte and clear fluids for 24hrs . I had not eaten anything different from my family on friday or Saturday and only ate a piece of toast on Sunday and Monday He advised to stop naproxen but continue with other tablets . Is this safe as I m not taking food . Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012