Was on depo, been bleeding, vagina has bad stench. Explain situation?

I was on depo from september 09 til june of2012 when I should have gotten my next shot. Been bleeding on and off as normal but its now an orangish color at times and my vagina smells horrible. I would need to rinse once a day if I want to not smell like a seriuosly rotten dirty fish. Is this normal especially if I have not been sexual active in over a year and pap was normal
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hi, foul-smelling dirty vaginal discharge is an indication of vaginal infection (bacterial vaginosis). This results from alteration in the bacterial flora of vagina. It is true that sexual activity is a risk factor but others include douching. When I come with contact with patients presenting with this problem, I treat them empirically with Metronidazole and advise them to avoid douching with antiseptic solutions (use just pure water). I suggest you should see your Doctor for precription
Hope my answer is of help
Wish you good health