Was given ginger ale to check if the food would be held. Mouth swollen, stinging, burning. Suggestions?

I just got out of the hospital this morning, and i was given a ginger ale to test if i could hold my food down, however when i drank it my mouth had began to swell very little but it was painful, like when i would touch it or it would be moved the swelling would sting and burn . I know for a fact that i havent had an allergy to ginger ale due to the fact that i have had it before. Also when i had gotten home i had made breakfast and my mouth had instantly done it again except this time worse. I then decided to sleep it off for 5 hours, when i got up it still stung a little then i tried to eat again and it came right back.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
" Traditional ginger ale " is made from actual ginger root or ginger extract is used for upset stomachs and to help soothe coughs and sore throats.
Doctors frequently recommended to patients drinking ginger ale as a cure for nausea, motion sickness and other ailments that cause on upset stomach.
However, most modern ginger ales only contain ginger flavorings , and no actual ginger.
This properties can cause to produce some negative side effects some times.