Was diagnosed with orbital cellulitis. Why does temple have a pus filled bump?

a few months ago i was diagnosed with orbital celluitous (spelling?) and was hospitalized for a week to run the iv meds. last thursday i started to get a bump on my temple. it has progressivly gotten worse. this morning it is open ...looks like a pus ball. mom thinks it is a boil . I decide to go to a minor emergency center becasue the swelling was going down my neck and to my eye. The doctor said its an infection and gavce me a strong anitbiotic shot and some oral meds. im worried tho because the swelling is getting worse. should i get a second opinion? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Pus filled bump at the temple region may be due to progression of decay into periapical region as well into sinuses which results in extra oral swelling.
Please do visit a dentist and get a thorough evaluation done.
Decayed teeth if present has to be restored or root canal treated.
Pus has to be drained and curetted.
Swish with warm saline frequently.
Maintain oral hygiene well.
If symptoms persists,please do visit a dermatologist too.
Hope this helps.