Was diagnosed with PCOS. Was put on metformin. Why spotting? Pregnant?

Hi, I m 20 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOS , so I was put on Metformin to balance out this diagnosis. Lately, I have been experiencing some spotting since the 14th of July, and my last menstrual was July 6th; a normal one at that. I went to my OBGYN , and was told that it was a possibility that I could be pregnant, but it was too early to tell because it would mean that I got pregnant before my last menstrual. Does this sound like pregnancy to you??
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012