Was diagnosed with HSV1 in genitals, had two outbreaks, sore on labia. Is this normal?

Hello! I was diagnosed with HSV1 in my genitals about 2 years ago. I have only had two outbreaks since then so I am not very experienced with outbreaks. My question is I think I have a sore on my labia . I took lysine and valtrex but the sore still got bigger and more painful. I had received nystatin-triamicinolone cream for something else awhile ago so I decided to try and use it because of the anit-inflammation. I also applied vitamin e oil on it. Now it seems to be a black scab if it is even a scab. It is extremely painful. I was just wondering this was normal?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013