Wart on side of face, got removed by counter wart remover, burned skin. Healing period? Treatment to prevent scar?

Hello. I had a very small wart on the side of my face and used an over the counter wart remover. It was a liquid and I just painted it on with the brush it came with. When I first applied it, it burned a little. But as it dried the burning sensation went away. I only used it once but after a day, the wart and surrounding skin had turned bright red and were incredibly sensitive. I think the wart remover has burned my skin. What can I do to help my it heal and to get rid of the redness? How long will it take to heal and is there a possibility it will scar? If so what can i do to prevent scarring, if anything? Thank you for any advice you can offer me!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013