Warmth, itchiness on tongue. Hard, left tonsil. Sharp wisdom tooth. No difficulty swallowing. What is this?

I have had this warm and itchy feeling on the left side of my tongue for about two months, it is less now than it was before. I have a really sharp wisdom tooth on that side which the dentist says should be removed. I also noticed that the left lingual tonsil is different than the right one. It is a bit harder than the right lingual tonsil. I have no problem in swallowing. Could you please tell me what this could be? Can wisdom tooth hurt the lingual tonsil?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013