Warm sensation on both legs close to knees. Kept hot towel. Why is it?

I have been noticing a warm sensation on the insides of both of my legs close to my knees. It is weird, I will just be sitting or walking and feel it warm up like someone laid a hot towel there. It goes away after about 10 seconds. We just got back from vacation in Punta Cana, don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I didn't get hurt or anything there.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Warm sensation can be sign of inflammation but it doesnt seem likely in your case. There can be vascular or neurogenic vasodilatation which doesnt mean anythong. Just wait for few more days and see its progression. if it persist you should do rtg lumbar spine and doppler ultrasounds to evaluate blood vessels in this area. Till that you can apply some cold compresses and keep your leg elevated. Wish you good health.