Wants to postpone periods. Prescribed utovlan, had early onset of periods. Will medication stop periods?

Hi. I was due to start my period on Friday. And I wanted to stop it as I was going on holiday on the Thursday. So I went to the doctors on Monday to get a prescription of utovlan. I was going to collect it and start taking it Tuesday morning. But when I woke up I noticed I was starting to bleed a little. Started my period early. Can I still take the tablets to stop it as I have only just started? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013