Wants to postpone periods. Prescribed ovral-g, ovral-l. Side effects of medication?

HELLO ,I JUST WANTED TO POSTPONE MY PERIODS FOR WHICH PREVIOUSLY I HAD TAKEN OVRAL-G. IAM LITTLE CONFUSED THAT WHETHER OVRAL-G OR OVRAL-L WHICH LEADS TO POSTPONEMENT OF PERIODS. APART FROM THAT SOME PEOPLE ALSO SAID THAT TAKING OVRAL -G OR OVRAL-L CAN ALSO LEAD TO CREATING CYST IN OVARY AND CHANCES OF NOT GIVING BIRTH TO A BABY IN FUTURE .ARE THE SAFE FOR FUTURE AND WHICH IS APPROPRIATE FOR POSTPONEMENT OF PERIODS?PLS SUGGEST YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello!
Ovral l and Ovral g have quite different formulations .
Ovral L has .02mg of ethinyl estradiol and .1mg of levonorgestrel .
Ovral G has .05mg of ethinyl estradiol and .5mg of norgestrel.
They do not cause cysts in ovaries.
I'd try the Ovral L, because it has in general the lowest amount of hormones in it.
You'll probably have fewer side effects on Ovral L.
Take care of your self