Wants to increase height, very fit and muscular. Medication to increase height?

My son just turned 17 three days ago and he is about 5 8. I m 5 11 and his mother was about 5 7. His grandfather and grand mother were over 6 0 but I was wondering if he will grow and what can I do to increase his hieght. He also started lifting weights in 8th grade and was pretty muscular but I just want to know if he can increase his hieght in any way.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

For your information, human beings grow consistently upto the age of 21 or 22 unless there is any medical or genetical troubles. Your son is just 17 and you can rest assured, he will grow up to 22. Height increases when bone length increases and muscles may not have any role to play except keeping the body erect.
Proper food habits can enhance bone growth. Sleep straight and do stretching exercise. Calcium increases bone strength and growth.
Good luck.