Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Wanted any solution or treatment for Serum CPK patient who is 9 years old.

Hi, We have a patient who is 9 years old but is unable to walk but it was not the same from the time of birth, he was able to walk and run, slowly he started limping and now cannot walk at all, slowly now his upper body has also got weak, we have spoken to a lot of doctors and they are giving him medicenes and also physiotherapy but he is only getting worse, his blood tests show that currently his Serum CPK is 6890 units where the normal range is 0 to 171 units. Do you have any solution or treatment for him. Please call at 9391193858 or email back at
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response

Your patient appears to be a case of a Muscular Dystrophy Syndrome. Further tests may help in identifying the exact syndrome. (Serum CPK increases when there is damage to muscle tissue in the body).

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Is there any such cure to this syndrome, I have all the tests with me, please tell me what results do you need, also have the hystorical reports with me....if there is a cure/treatment, kindly tell me about it....thanks for your response

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor