Want to postphone periods. Prescribed primoult-N. Can there be sideeffects and irregular periods after this medication?

Hi. I am 28 years old married. I want to postpone my periods for one week n i have consulted a doctor. she has suggested Primolut-N. but i found on the net that this tablet has side effects. i hav regular periods( every 26-28 Days) I am Scared to disturb this cycle as i don have any health problem. But there is an emergency and i have to travel so i need to postpone this tablet.Please suggest.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Hello mam, in my opinion there are no major side effects of this medicine but yes it can definitely cause some irregularities in your next cycle but it will subside in a couple of months. Moreover it might not affect your period at all. So don't be anxious and all the best